It isn’t long to Christmas now, and our guests from Sweden arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). We are now on holiday from work, and have been cleaning, tidying up….and resting too. The weather this week has been mixed to say the least with some hot sunny days and some grey and rainy days. The picture below and the one in the featured image were taken on Tuesday, when we really felt it was summer.
It is that time of year for Christmas gatherings. Our book club met in person instead of online on Tuesday evening which was a lovely welcome change, and the Pilates studio’s Christmas drinks were on Wednesday. In the shopping basket this week there was asparagus, beans, peas, tomatoes, courgettes, strawberries, lemons, broccolini and the first of the season’s nectarines. I also picked up some cheese for Christmas including this favourite a black truffle brie from Over the Moon dairy.
I had a bit of time to fill before my Pilates class today, and wandered into The Old Bank Arcade, a shopping centre on Lambton Quay in the city centre. The building was the original home to the Bank of New Zealand and was converted into its current incarnation in the 1990s. Hanging in the centre is this animated, musical clock that on every hour, on the hour, opens up to reveal scenes of the history of Wellington and the arcade site. I happened to be there at noon, so went up the viewing gallery to take a look. I’m sure you get the idea!
Finally, if you have to stand and wait at a bus stop, you might as well stand at this one and enjoy the hydrangeas. Such gorgeous flowers that scream summer – a real small pleasure.
So that is it for this week. So, what were your small pleasures this week? Here are some other blog posts from a few fellow bloggers looking at the good things in life.
- Carol Ann over at Fashioned for Joy shares pictures of her Christmas Village and other delightes.
- Ju Lyn at Touring my Backyard spots a seasonal train.
- Natalie the Explorer shares the Christmas lights in Toronto (and hosts the weekend coffee share).
- Anne over at Something Over Tea looks at elephants.
- Share a winter coffee over at Trent’s World.
- Popsicle Society as ever motivates us on Monday, and reminds us that every day is a gift.
- Southern Patches shares her 10 favourite Christmas movies.
- Retirement Reflections shares her December reads and also hosts What’s on your bookshelf.
- Laurie over at Notes From the Hinterland is getting ready for a snowy winter.
- Deb also shares her December reads – so many good ideas there.
- Jo over at And Anyways shares her seasonal reading.
Thistles and Kiwis is a Wellington, New Zealand based blog written by Barbara, who likes cats, summer, good food and pretends to garden.
You can find Thistles and Kiwis on Facebook, and also on Instagram @thistlesandkiwis. If you want to get in touch, email me on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org