For some reason, the ‘About’ page on my blog no longer shows up, something I have tried to fix but have no luck with yet and may have to contact the ‘Happiness Engineers’. So in the meantime, here are 15 things you may…or may not…know about me.
- I was born in Edinburgh, Scotland, but my mother was English and my father was Polish.
- My husband is Swedish (which I think regular readers know anyway!).
- I lived in Denmark for eight and a half years before moving to New Zealand in January 2013.
- I don’t have a driving licence.
- I prefer tea to coffee.
- One of my favourite foods is eggs – scrambled, boiled, coddled, poached, fried, in an omelette.
- But I don’t like beetroot!
- I love a good scone, but don’t understand the fuss about doughnuts (or donuts if you prefer).
- Watching dance is one of my favourite things.
- I’m not interested in any sport, though sometimes surprise myself in quizzes by coming up with the correct answer to a sport related question.
- Please don’t ask me to name my favourite book of all time….but if pushed perhaps Margaret Atwood’s The Edible Woman.
- I still sometimes read the news in Danish.
- I have been listening to the BBC radio soap opera The Archers nearly all my life.
- The most beautiful place I have ever visited is Ohrid in North Macedonia. One of my favourite places to visit here is Lake Ferry in the Waiarapa, shown in the featured image at the top of the post.
- I love dolls’ houses and miniatures.
You all know I like eating out, flowers, walking in the Botanic Gardens, reading and baking by now, and of course you have all already met Charlie, our little black cat.
Thistles and Kiwis is a Wellington, New Zealand based blog written by Barbara, who likes cats, summer, good food and pretends to garden.
You can find Thistles and Kiwis on Facebook, and also on Instagram @thistlesandkiwis. As for Twitter….am totally inactive these days. If you want to get in touch, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org